Pages


Saturday, September 22, 2012

Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Raised By Wolves
by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Released |September 30th 2010 by Quercus Publishing|
Edition |Paperback, 418 pages|
At the age of four, Bryn  watched a rogue werewolf brutally murder her parents. Alone in the  world, she was rescued and taken in by the mysterious Callum, the alpha  of his werewolf pack. Now fifteen, Bryn’s been raised as a human among  werewolves, adhering to pack rule (mostly). Little fazes her.
But the pack’s been keeping a secret, and when Bryn goes exploring  against Callum’s direct orders, she finds Chase, a newly turned teen  Were locked in a cage. Terrifying memories of the attack on her mom and  dad come flooding back. Bryn needs answers, and she needs Chase to get  them. Suddenly, all allegiances to the pack no longer matter. It’s Bryn  and Chase against the werewolf world, whatever the consequences.

This is one of my first  shifter YA series that I loved, because I didn't start off reading YA. I read adult shifter books, but hadn't been introduced to the YA category at the time. Writing this review I am finding difficult since I read this book almost 2 years ago, but I'll try without spoiling :D

Bryn was adopted as a child by alpha werewolf Callum when a rogue wolf killed her parents while she hid and watched the entire thing. Soon Bryn meets Chase a boy who was recently turned. Things get a little crazy after that!

The Characters
I loved Bryn's character! She was fun :) And she also had some attitude that I liked! No push over with her. But sometimes, I felt she could be a little bit defiant and hardheaded, but after all she's only 15. LOVED LOVED LOVED Callum! I loved his whole demeanor. He was kind of suave, level headed and he showed his true emotions to Bryn which I thought was... *Awwww* ;)  His whole Alphaness just draws me to him even though he's old lol! I also like Bryn's friend Devon :) He was an added plus to the book!

Chase
When Bryn finally comes in contact with Chase, it was interesting. I was right there along with Bryn with the why can't I see him thing. I liked Chase he was sweet and adorable! Their romance, I swear, was the cutest thing to me. Now I don't want to spoil things so I am going to stop right here. But when the thing happen when Bryn did the thing lol I was like whoa. Everyone had a freak out moment.

I kind of thought things were taken to the extreme with Devon's mother, but I guess that was unusual. But when Ali reacted, I didn't think she need to do what she did lol I am cracking up! But I did think she overreacted. Plus she had kids to think about.

But overall, amazing story! This one of the reasons why I love shifters :D I highly recommend this series!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I'm always looking for a good shifter story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say..... ILOVE THIS SERIES. that is all.

    ReplyDelete